The APC’s purpose is to represent and promote the interests of administrative professionals at Colorado State University and to facilitate communication between Administrative Professional staff, Faculty Council, Classified Personnel Council, the Administration and other appropriate campus constituencies. Members of the APC are dedicated to researching, discussing, making recommendations to the CSU Administration and assisting in implementation, when warranted, issues regarding employment and benefits that have the potential to affect the welfare of APs.
Are you interested in making deeper connections on campus and having a positive impact at CSU? We are seeking individuals to represent the interests of 3,300+ Administrative Professional employees at CSU by serving on the Administrative Professional Council (APC). An election is coming up in your area. The APC Nominations and Elections Committee is currently facilitating a “call for nominations” to fill open Area Representative positions within APC. AP Representatives act as the “voice” for APs across the CSU community by advocating for employees and facilitating AP feedback on key issues. We encourage you to think about nominating yourself or someone else from your department to run for election for the coming year.
Qualifications and Commitment of Serving on APC
• The APC meets monthly on CSU’s main campus
• Terms range from 1-3 years
• Each area has 2-3 representatives depending on the size of the area
• Any AP with at least a half-time appointment is eligible to serve on APC
• Every APC area has at least one alternate representative who can participate in meetings and committees and vote in the absence of an elected member. This role can be a great way to participate in shared governance, network with campus partners, and participate in service without the time commitment.
1) You may nominate yourself or others. Please confirm with the person you nominate that she/ he is an Administrative Professional eligible to be nominated and willing to serve on the APC.
3) Once nominations are received, an electronic election ballot will be developed and distributed to all APs eligible to vote in each of the representative areas.